Wednesday, March 9, 2011

3/8 -- Too many 200s

Because of plans Monday night, I moved my usual Monday swim to Tuesday PM. I couldn't get to Ward's practice, as I had to stay in the immediate Friendship Heights area, so I went to an earlier practice with Curl Burke masters at AU. Practice was a little shorter (75min opposed to normal 90min with Wards), but it was plenty tough. I was joined in a lane by Jacky, who is about my pace in practice, but is really training for backstroke (broke a couple meet records at a Warrenton meet recently) to earn a swim scholarship.

Main set after a 4-3-2-1 warmup was 300 (descend by 50s 1-3, 4-6) and the tasty morsel, 10x200 (odds easy, evens hard). I wasn't at all thrilled with the interval (3:30) as that's too much rest, but I didn't want to do something different from the rest of the group. I came in on 2:40 (1:20/100y) for the easys, and 2:26 (1:13/100y) for the hards, which is decent for me, I'd say. My last 200 I came in on 2:20, which if it is not a PR for me, it's close, considering it's at the end of a hard set. And that was a hard set, actually. I was still feeling kind of tired from the weekend and a lack of sleep the night before (curse you, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga). I was able to focus on form on the hard intervals, and I'm happy I didn't lose speed as a result. It's starting to come together.

It took me forever to beat this woman, hence my lack of sleep Monday night.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That woman had biceps that can hold a greater wattage than you could ever dream of.

    ReplyDelete