Sunday, March 27, 2011

3/24 & 3/25 -- Keep plugging away

This has been a tough week. Todd said this and last week were going to be pretty hard. And by Friday I was definitely feeling it. The track workout was good, but it did take a toll on me.

Thursday I just had a bike trainer workout 4x5min @ L4. A pretty basic workout, with a long warmup and long cooldown. Using my new power zones from the ill-fated test from last week, I hit wattages of 261, 265, 266, 274, which are right in the middle of my new L4 (248-273). I felt comfortable. A little tougher than my previous L4 zone, but I kept my cadence level in the high 90s and didn't have trouble maintaining consistent effort.

Friday was a crummy day, really busy at work and it got me pretty tired. I swam at GISC with Michelle in the morning, and felt a little off, tired from the track and bike threshold workout 2 days in a row, but kept my focus on form. I struggled with that at first, but halfway through got comfortable again. Some 300 builds and more drills. After finally GETTING THE WORK DONE at my job, I bolted outside for an easy jog, just to shake out my legs and stretch my feet out. 45 minutes, pretty relaxed. I suppose there's nothing to say about it. I just needed to get something done.

No comments:

Post a Comment