Saturday, December 19, 2009

Back on the trail

Finally got out for a run yesterday, 10 miles on Greenway. First run since Monday, and it felt amazing. I wasn't particularly worried about feeling out of shape, and it really felt like I was fresh. Not necessarily rested due to all the stress of the week, but I wasn't tight or hampered physically.

I took uphills hard and flats and downhills easy as part of the workout. I was able to find focus during the run for the first time in a while as well. All this week was full of frustration, confusion, depression, anger at myself and all of what happened to me. But after a mile or so I found myself imagining Columbia, DuNats and VICTORY.

And that felt AWESOME.

Looking to continue that in the snow today.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your accident Andy! But the most important thing is that you're ok! Plus, its mid december, not mid april, and the fact that you're itching to get out and work hard shows that you will reach your goals this year, and much more!

    ReplyDelete