Monday, December 28, 2009

15 hours!

I'm really happy that I was able to put in 15 hours of workouts last week. And they were hard workouts too, lots of speed and hill related stuff and 2 long rides.

Had a great swim this AM. Did the same workout as on Saturday (1200m of t-pace intervals, 1000m of drills) and I felt much better this time around. Was able to keep the 100s right on t-pace and even down to my new t-pace of 1:26 (haven't been able to get back there right away because of my week off) and average under 1:30. Life is back to normal and so is my fitness. Sweet!

I had a dream last night that I was swimming with Ian Thorpe, the Thorpedo, my favorite swimmer. I was perfectly emulating his freestyle form, something I have been working on the past month. The Chicken Tender Runner appreciates Ian Thorpe.

Tough week of training ahead. REALLY long rides this weekend and freezing temps, high winds, and freezing rain and snow. ARGH. Give me a break. I'm sick of long trainer rides.

Well, I gotta do what I gotta do to reach my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment