Sunday, November 22, 2009

Training weekend

A race-less weekend means plenty of time for training.

Saturday I ran long (between 9-10 miles) and at a good pace. Ran with the GRC guys for the first time. Good group, got to know a couple of the guys. Hopefully as I develop I can help the team at races and in training. Biked hills for 1:40:00 on the trainer and got a flat tire (how many people get flats on the trainer?!). I assume it happened because I pinched the resistant wheel too tight against the bike wheel, causing the inner tube to take on too much pressure. Oh well. 100 minutes on the trainer is more than long enough.

Today, ran 6 miles at 6:45 pace for the first 3, 6:30 pace for the final 3. Followed with a 2 hour brick (26 mile bike, 3 mile run). Despite some major problems keeping my handlebars in place, I was able to put forth some good effort on the hills. The run was very fast. Probably could have toned it down a little.

Looking forward to a tough week ahead, lots of swimming and running, as well as the Turkey Burnoff at Seneca.

No comments:

Post a Comment