Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Time to run!

I made a return to the track for my first hard running workout since a week out from Nation's in early September. For those who've had to hear my complaining, my running has NOT been in form for a little while now. On all my easy runs I've felt stiff and overall not relaxed. I've been running like Godzilla:


I do fine after tapering, but unlike my biking and swimming, my running just hasn't been great. I want to consistently feel happy with my running. However, last night on a run with THA BOYZ, I felt amazingly loose and limber... I haven't felt that good in a while. I hoped it would continue into the workout tonight, 4x1600 at MCRRC's practice.

My goal was cutting down, 5:20, 5:17, 5:14, 5:10 -- my first step toward my goal of 32:45 at Veteran's Day 10k in November. Jordan and the rest were doing 10x400, so I was pretty much alone, save for one lap with them each rep.

I ended up having one of my best mile repeat workouts ever!! I didn't quite follow the cutdown plan as I ran 5:10, 5:15, 5:07, 5:05! I wish I had been a little more consistent and didn't drop to 5:15 on the second, but I had no one in front of me for any of that one. Still, finishing sub-5:10 on the last two and still feeling VERY strong, definitely made me feel pretty good. I don't think I've run that well, being in that much control, in a good while.

I felt neither stiff nor tired. Just the opposite. I'm feeling in surprisingly great running shape, and the confidence in my running has returned. I'm ready to push my limits again in my quest for 32:45.

No comments:

Post a Comment