Thursday, August 26, 2010

Return to B-CC

The last time I ran with the team at B-CC HS track... it was cold outside. That was a long time ago! Training has not really allowed me to go back to B-CC, but now that I'm back up to speed, running-wise, it's just not really fun or helpful to run by more or less by myself at MCRRC. Getting back to the group where I'm among the slowest is what will really help me progress further.

I proposed the workout and fortunately people agreed! 4x800 @5k pace followed by 1x3200 @ 10k pace. I was looking to hit 2:30s for the 800s for a 5:00 pace, and 5:17-27 for the 3200 to match my desired 10k pace. I ran mainly with a group comprised of PMurph, Dirk, Jimmy, Mike C and at times Ian... the faster group of Charlie, Dickson and Karl were moving a little too hot for me... I just need to establish my known paces, not push it too much.

I ran 2:26, 2:25, 2:29, 2:26 for the 800s and around 10:30 for the 2 mile, all a little fast but not too far off from my desired paces. I'd say the 2 mile felt the best... just as it should. I should be able to hold that for 10k, and while I definitely can't hold that pace in a triathlon, it's a good indicator that I'll be in good shape come Veteran's Day in November.

Anyway, it was good to be back out with the team and run some good splits!

1 comment: